"Caring to Learn and Learning to Care"
West Parish School Vision
We envision the West Parish Elementary School as a strong learning community where nationally benchmarked performance standards help all learners experience the real life application of basic skills and concepts needed to be successful in the 21 st century. Highly qualified educators use diagnostic tools to assess every student's academic strengths and weaknesses and then develop a course of instruction to meet the learner's academic needs. This holistic and child-centered teaching philosophy has become the cornerstone of our success. This vision will be accomplished through a cohesive core curriculum that meets the needs of all students.
Our organizational core values drive all behavior and decision making at West Parish. As a team of professionals, we have developed and defined values as a code of conduct for daily living in our learning community. Adult role models are expected to live by these values so that our children may learn from our example. Modeling these values helps instill the importance of high personal and organizational standards for an enriching life.
OUR CORE VALUES INCLUDE:
· Excellence -High Standards, Quality, Achievement
· Interdependence- Teamwork, Community, Service
· Imagination-Vision, Creativity, Risk Taking
· Commitment-Dedication, Passion, Loyalty
· Compassion-Caring, Nurturing, Support, Forgiveness, Empathy
· Respect-Dignity, Acceptance
· Integrity-Responsibility, Trustworthiness, Honesty
· Effort- acknowledges the relationship between effort and outcome
OUR LEARNER EXPECTATIONS All learners are expected to become:
· Self directed
· Complex thinkers
· Effective,positive communicators
· Collaborative workers
· Quality producers
· Community contributors
By establishing high expectations for all and creating an environment which fosters meaningful relationships, in and out of school, risk taking, and academic results, we increase the chance that we will realize our vision.